Tuesday, June 11, 2013

And so it begins

So I have decided to start a journal/blog. At first the idea was just to write about my battle with rosacea but I think it might be therapeutic for me to just write about life in general. I am not writing this with the intention of anyone ever reading it, more just for me to track my progress with my face and see what is working and what is not and to get things off my chest when I need it. 

So the events that have led to now go something like this; I am a midwifery student who recently lost my job along with losing my job I lost my health insurance and with losing my health insurance I lost the ability to afford my rosacea medication and with out my rosacea medication my face has revolted against me. 

I am now in a all out war with my face and trying to find alternative treatments for it. I have spent days reading an researching and I have come to the conclusion that I have demodex mites. If you want some more info you can read up on it here and here. So now that I think I know what it is, it's time to start treating problem instead of just dealing with the symptoms. 

From the what I have read there are several creams you can buy which people have had some success with, and maybe I will try that next, but being that I don't have a job right now I need to work with what I have, and what I have is oils. Being a midwifery student I tend to use a lot of natural techniques to help clients with various things in pregnancy and a lot of the ways I do that is with oils, herbs and other homeopathic remedies. As I was doing research on DeM (demodex mites) I saw that a lot of people have had good results using tea tree oil (TTO), well what do ya know, I have some! So I have been experimenting with adding TTO to different things and using it different ways and this is basically what this journal/blog will be about...me and my battle. Let the battle begin. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Louisiana rosacea sufferer. I was diagnosed with subtype 1 last June and have been struggling with it ever since. I'm 26 so my poor parents have been paying for all my meds and doctor's visits. Poor them! For me, heat and stress are my only triggers. You can imagine how I hate this heat right now. Its like you have to stay inside forever. I sleep with the AC on low, two fans, ice packs, and a cup of ice cubes on my nightstand just to be able to sleep.My biggest fear is what this means for me long term, you know? How much longer is this going to be an issue? Forever? I refuse to have a red face for life. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that you are not alone in your anger, sadness, and depression about this. I think your blog is brave and please know that it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this heat is MISERABLE, I run from air conditioner to air conditioner. I also sleep with a ceiling fan and a box fan blowing right on me. Have you asked your doctor about laser treatments? I got laser treatments a little over a year ago and it helped a lot with the redness on my cheeks and some of the flushing and I know some people have luck with beta blockers. I wish I could say we won't have to deal with this forever but who knows. Try keeping a journal of everything you eat, drink or do and see if anything else is a trigger. I know a lot of people have found going gluten and dairy free has helped. Thanks for your compliment! I wasn't sure if anyone would every see this so a lot of the writing is just to myself to kind of get it off my chest but if it can help someone else or even just show someone else they are not alone that is worth putting up the embarrassing pictures. Good luck with your journey and let me know if you find anything that works!

    ReplyDelete