Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I am using on my face.

Okay so I got the original recipe here, but I modified it a little bit and this is what I ended up making

¼ cup castor oil
1 cup olive oil
1 ½ tsp tea tree oil
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup honey


Mix everything together. I had a hard time trying to mix the honey, even using a blender it just kind of sinks and sits at the bottom. After I mixed it all together I put it in a amber glass bottle. Since the coconut oil is solid at room temperature it turns into a solid at the top so before I use it I set it in a sink of warm water and this seems to help melt the coconut oil and the honey so it mixes a lot better but still not 100%. The original instructions said to wash it on and use a warm cloth to wash it off and the first few times I did this and now I am just letting it absorb into my skin and not washing it all off. I am doing this at night before I go to bed since that is when the mites are most active. 

For a moisturizer I use argan oil and I put a little bit of TTO in it hoping the argan oil will pull in the TTO when it absorbs. I slather this on pretty good in the morning and whenever I feel like I really need it. I also bought some shea butter to spot treat on those really dry chapped spots. 

Also everything I use is 100% natural and organic and cruelty free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment